Visit us in Victoria’s picturesque High Country this May, as we celebrate the region’s autumn bounty with the Feast High Country Festival. In its seventh year, the Feast High Country Festival (formally High Country Harvest), lets you savour a program of over 40 delicious experiences on 3-19 May – hands-on cooking classes, grand dinners, intimate tastings, village bonfires and more, all set against the stunning backdrop the region is famous for.
Choose your culinary adventure
The towns and villages of the High Country have set the table and invite you to a mouthwatering selection of events, from Mansfield to the King Valley, Beechworth to Bright, Rutherglen to Mount Beauty, Corryong to Falls Creek. Forage for your lunch supplies, relax with an indulgent degustation or order a side of adventure with a horse ride like the cattlemen of old – there’s something to satisfy even the fussiest of appetites. Some of this year’s highlights include:
- Patrizia’s Harvest Forage: join celebrated chef Patrizia Simone as she shares her secrets in an early-morning forage around Bright, and turn that bounty into a five-course Italian feast. Salute!
- Fermentation Degustation: Ben and Maria Kraus of Beechworth’s Bridge Road Brewers are no strangers to the beauty of fermenting. It’s not all beer and pretzels though – this four-course dinner sees a team of local experts (including Provenance’s hatted chef Michael Ryan) share their fermented wares.
- Delatite Wines 50 Year Celebration: help David and the Ritchie family celebrate this significant milestone with a spectacular five-course dinner – and if you’re lucky, help blow the dust off some very special wines from the depths of their cellar.
- Lunch With Three Italians: the Pizzini family know how to throw a lively lunch! Join their table in the King Valley where bountiful Italian food, wine and opera are on the menu. A tavola!
- The Tweed Ride: Rutherglen’s sartorial celebration of bikes and vintage is back, with an easy pedal to a series of outstanding food and wine experiences including lunch at Stanton & Killeen.
Stay a while
You’re going to need somewhere for a little nap after all that foodie fun, so it’s lucky the High Country has no shortage of accommodation options to suit your style. Base yourself and explore the region or book a mini road trip – with spacious holiday homes, charming guesthouses, luxury retreats and picture-perfect camping spots, you’ll find your home away from home.
Take it all in
No matter what your pace, the High Country will feed your soul. Explore mountains, valleys, rivers and lakes by foot, bike, horseback or helicopter. Explore historic gold-rush towns, take in some art or browse eclectic antique stores – whatever you do, make sure you schedule time for something tasty before, during or after!
See the full mouthwatering selection of events and book now at feasthighcountry.com.au.